Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I got a group very young 6 are a year old got about 15 babies about inch long.
I know I had parasite or something like that cause 3-4 were having white poop.
So I treat them with prazipro and espom salt and now most part they are more active. Got one still not sure what's wrong. Site alone swimming side to side woozy looking breathing hard not very interest in food. Ph is high in the 7.8 area.
Ammonia ppm nirite are at zero.
Want to know what other have for to say about that. Who have experience in tropheus. Never had issues with cichlids til I got a colony trying to put together
Thank you

·
2,088 Posts
Tropheus can be tricky to get settled in a tank.

Can you provide a bit more info on the tank - size, filtration, aeration, water change schedule, and nitrates?

When I was starting with them, I lost a full group before my current group. My local source swears that metrozonal (sp?) is the right tool for the job. I had an issue with mine several years ago, and the metro did seem to cure it.

Where did you source them from, how close are your water parameters to the source? Are you feeding the same foods as the source? Tropheus can be fussy eaters, and do not always react well to dietary changes.

Keep up the water changes and maintenance.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply
Just been happening over last few month. Got them last Dec now over last 2 months losing odd ones 4. Always one at a time.
Water change twice a week. 30percent got large filter for 75 gallon. Plus two sponge filter and jet to move water around .
4 foot tank. Nitrate at 0
Weird having it now.
Also in Ontario they pulled metro from stores and I believe clout was too cause of the drugs in it.
Not alot to work with got prazipro espom salt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts