Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
New to the forum and cichlids. I have a 120g tank recently cycled, tank dimensions are 60" length by 20" depth and 26" height. Due to the lockdown in the UK can only order fish online, and no deliveries until end of the month unfortunately. I will just have to keep adding ammonia to keep cycle going until then. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me on stocking. I have the following fish in mind
Blue moorii dolphins x4
Yellow lab x6
Zebra obliquidens x5
Synodontis multipunctatus x2
Red empress x4
Nyererei x4
The plan is to have 1 Male the rest female of each species.
My 3 year old son loves the blue dolphin and my missus picked the zebras and yellow labs so would like to keep them if possible the rest could change. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
Welcome to Cichlid-forum!

I would leave out the nyereri as too aggressive for haps and peacocks. Four species is good for a 60 inch tank, especially sings the moori and empress are large fish.

I have never had luck with quads...I would do 1m:4f of each of the remaining cichlids, and 5 of the Synodontis multipunctatus as they like to be in groups.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply DJ I had read that nyererei were aggressive. I will leave them out,and go for 1m 4f for rest of cichlids. Will order tomorrow and hopefully have them before the end of month. Thanks again for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts