Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some updated pictures of this guy, need help with an ID. My best guess is M. pyrsonotos. Then also I got the other guy in a mixed tank but I was pretty confident he was a OB Fuelleborni, let me know if you disagree. Click on the picture to enlarge.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that last picture looks identical to the picture on profiles from this site for Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Mbenji)

·
Registered
272 Posts
How big is that fish to the right? Depending on its size and possible tank mates it could be a male dressed in sub dominant colors.. But I'm pretty sure its a female cynotilapia type.. Or something like a pseudotropheus elongatus female.. Trouble is if it is a female it will be very difficult to tell exactly what variant she is..

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its the smallest of all fish in the tank and also only been in for a few days. Def not an Acei since I have had one before, they are longer than this one's body. This one has noticeable stripes on it even on the face when he is colored up (which hasn't been very often yet).

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Prob with Mbuna Ids is there is over 400 species plus variants and countless hybrids in your LFS.
I suspect these are regular LFS hybrids. No way I can be sure just they kind of outnumber pure guys in LFSs.
If pure and unlabeled (I would give it about a 1 in 10 chance) your guesses seem pretty good to me.
No way to get to variant so they are pretty potential hybrid producers. But then thats the best you are likely to get from unlabeled fish.

All the best James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts