Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please HELP me ! I thought that I found the male of the Species, but in the Tank there are Fights !

I thought I have the Red Mpouna Zebra (Pseudotropheus estherae) ... but now I am Confused.

are these Fish in Yello, Orange but also in Blue? what is happening.

I Include here 2 Links where one shows Red Zebra Mpounas in Red and Yellow, and the other Link a Blue on, now is there something wrong?

here the Links...

and here 2 fotos of the Fish I have in my Tank

....aehm.... how do I upload a foto here? if not.. where do I upload it to put in the link ?

TY

Jason

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't know how to put in links, but I use photobucket. You upload your pics there then copy and paste them here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://s1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa378/iason4u/?action=view&current=foto1.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs1194.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Faa378%2Fiason4u%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Dfisch2.jpg

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
there you go!

Next time, just click on the IMG box, it will say 'copied'. Paste that in here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TY Nina !
and TY Zoie for the Photo Bucket link :)

...so you see those fisches..they fight since i put the blue one in the Tank 2h ago, then pause... then fight again... will they Kill each other? shall I remove emediate the blue guy in a 100 L tank I have spare... ? the Tank they are in right now is 400 L and Has rocks inside and some Valesinerias.

And I thought I got the male for the female :(

check out the links, why I got irritated, when the moderator will show em up, Im not allowed yet to place links I guess.

TY again,

Jason
Athens-Greece

·
Registered
554 Posts
top one looks like a fat red zebra, metriaclima estherae. Might be a male, but I'm not an expert on those guys. (lighter colour, egg spots)

The stripey one is sure as heck not his (?) female.

They might eventually kill each other, they might not. Do they have rockwork to hide? I'd not leave them alone like that. Find out which species they are, and establish harems for them - 1 male, 4-5 females (depending on species, 7-8 females) and add two more species. But WAIT until you know what fish you have, and what you want from your tank.

Just for my own peace of mind, tank dimensions? Cycled yes no? Other tankmates?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have only those 2 Fisches in there and some Plakostomus. Yes its fat:) its at least 14cm :)

Its a 400 L tank with stones, and some Anubias plants. Its the Juwel Vision tank. It has one inside Filter with Siporax and an External Filter with Filtering materials for the rough stuff.

I was thinking to put in only Malawi Cichlid and only Mbunas. I hope I get here some Help with what those species they are.

You will see why this happen, I thought too like you and it really looks like that it is a Red Zebra!!!

the point is, That i found a link, where a male red Zebra is in blue color ! where another website shows its Yellow and the other orange. So i got confused.

When the moderator will ulock and place the link i put in here you will see by your self what i mean.

TY for the Help, and I hope we get to fix this Tank and a good solution to what to put in.
:)

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok Nina, it looks very very much that it the one I always had is a Metriaclima estherae red, like the last link shows, BUT ! at the images... I can also change and see the different types, like, how the young look, hw the males how the females... but in the text it self says quote "Males typically are bright powder blue" did not see though any foto of this. very confusing...

Thats why I got confused in first place and bought the blue one, it had these bullets at the tail and was bright blue.. so I thought, yep its a male estherae :) unfortunately not... because the first link looks pretty much like the blue one I got, "Metriaclima estherae (Blue)

at least they from the same place and family right? can I keep them together in the same Tank ?

nina really thanks a lot for your effort !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts