Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
InShot_20180313_065530072.jpg
i bought them yesterday on a petshop ,this is the first time I'm having cichlids i hope they are fun and bright .now please tell me their sexes and give me some ideas its a 30 gal tank no other tank mates yet

the bottom one seems to enjoy the tsnk and eat as soon as i put pellets but the top one is miserable and not eating a thing what is this behaviour

·
Registered
47 Posts
By looking at them its hard to tell. But I will take a stab at it and say they are both males. The top one is a yellow lab the bottom one looks like a red zebra. Your yellow lab looks like he has been getting beat up. I would add some hiding spots for him if he is being harassed. Another thing to consider is getting a bigger tank if you plan to add more fish, how big are the fish now? As for him not eating you could try some brine shrimp or pellets soaked in garlic juice. I have 4 yellows and I couldn't get them to eat for anything and then realized I had a bully in the tank that would not let them eat. I would keep an eye out for harrasment. Another thing we will need to know is your water parameters

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Malawi don't do well in pairs. How many fish are in the tank, what species and what is the shape and dimensions of your tank?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts