Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i have a 30 gallon long right now and i want to go with a tanganyika setup here are the fish i have in mind:

1-2 calvus
4 multis or L.Meleagris
maybe a couple julies

im going with a sand substrate but need advice on what type to get. im going to make a rockpile with some caves at one end of the tank covering about a 1/3 of the bottom and then a shell bed, if i end up putting julies in here to i will make another rock pile at the opposite end of the tank as the first one. what type of rocks and plants should i use? does this set up sound alright thanks for your help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
works for me now thats a really nice tank. what kind of shells are you using? and if anyone can help me out about choosing either calvus or sumbu shell that would be great because *** heard calvus will and will not work with shellies.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, well i dont know yet which im going with out of the two but i think i have a setup in mind, ill go with either play sand or pool filter sand and some type of granite, are plants necessary or are they mostly used to cover up heaters and stuff?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.