Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do anybody know how to make the tubing from a Eheim 2217 fit on the hyvdor 300 heater ? Can someone help plz

·
Registered
45 Posts
There should be no problem using a 300watt Hydor heater on a Eheim 2217. Are you sure you have the correct heater? I believe they make two models, one for 1/2" tubing and one for 5/8 tubing. For the 2217 you will need the 1/2" model. If you accidentally bought the wrong model you have two options that I can think of. 1) Return and Exchange. 2) Use 1/2 to 5/8 hose barb adapters.
Hope this information helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Pnut,
I have the same set up. Here is what worked for me:
Place the end of the tubing in boiling water for 30 seconds,
Push the tubing all the way down over the heater fitting and let cool,
Install small hose clamps and you should be good.
Make sure you get a temperature controller. Ranco is good. My Hydor was only about 16 months old. the thermostat failed and I lost an entire tank of fish.
I was going to get a temperature controller but never got around to it. Please learn from my mistake
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
BobHS said:
Hey Pnut,
I have the same set up. Here is what worked for me:
Place the end of the tubing in boiling water for 30 seconds,
Push the tubing all the way down over the heater fitting and let cool,
Install small hose clamps and you should be good.
Make sure you get a temperature controller. Ranco is good. My Hydor was only about 16 months old. the thermostat failed and I lost an entire tank of fish.
I was going to get a temperature controller but never got around to it. Please learn from my mistake
Hope this helps.
+1 om the controller. My buddy has 2 of these and had the same thing happen to him, it stuck on and killed his entire stock. Said it was really accurate for about a year, left for one night and came home to tank full of floaters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts