Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am new here so if I am not doing something correct, please tell me :-?

I just got a juvenile peacock cichlid I am trying to help him/her. It has a white bump like a pimple on it's side, it is raised up and looks like maybe another small one again on his side, any ideas ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a peacock that had a white bump like you describe. I treated it with Melafix and it went away. Hopefully someone wiser will chime in and give you help, but since no one has replied I wanted to share my experience.

Hope this helps,
Jman

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I don't have any suggestions to treat this, but you might get more if you post in the Illness forum. :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
That would be my best guess not being able to see it.

Try taking an LED flash light to the fish for a better look. I find that the flashlight's bluish light really lights up any other spots.

I would treat with a general anti fungal or medaflex and hope for the best.

If you have a pleco in the tank you need to remove him to treat as plecos are scaless and tend not to deal with meds very well.

Also try turning up the heat and upping the 02

·
Registered
160 Posts
This sounds like Ich, Iche will create a white buble in its last stages and burst this is when it sends small microscopic spores into the water were it attaches to other fish and spreads. The best time to treat Iche is when this happens they can only be killed in this stage of the cycle. I hope this helps not saying it is Iche but it sounds like it. Use higher heat with salt or Iche treatment. Follow the box instructions do water changes etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wanted to thank user who suggested melafix it is working great my lie peacock is doig much much better.. =D>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts