Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been in the African cichlid community for quite some time now and have found myself in a predicament. I keep a 75 gallon aquarium of assorted Mbunas and have recently become the owner of so much African cichlid fry. However, these fry are not common by any means considering that they are hybrids. I have one batch of fry that are yellow lab cichlids mixed with red zebras and then a yellow lab and red zebra hybrid mixed with a rusty cichlid batch. I am at a loss of what to do with them because all of the fish stores in my area have a wholesaler so are unable to take fish from hobbyists which I find very interesting. I really need help or guidance on what to do and I know there is much dispute when it comes to hybrids in the hobby but these babies are turning out very beautiful and I am very willing to be very honest about the genetics of the fish to whoever may be interested in purchasing them.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,487 Posts
I would recommend you keep them...this is the problem with creating hybrids, no one has room for them and reputable dealers/hobbyists will not sell/give away---or take them.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Clove oil. And start over with more judiciously chosen fishes. Hybrids should never be distributed; no way, no how, no time. :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts