Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

Haven't been on the site for a long time.But I have a big problem at the moment.In South Africa there are knowone that can help me.I got hold of 14 wild caught Enantiopus melanogenys.Have them for 4 days but they do not whant to eat.Feeding them sperulina flake food but they are not interested.

What can i feed them,Do not whant to loose them they are stunning looking fish and are hoping to breed them.Any help will be great.

Thanks
Jano

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
There are some people who import WC fish so may have a better idea. Firsi thing is to make sure the water is clean and the light is dim. You may then want to start a cycle of medication to clear them of parasites. But clean water is an absolute must, I'm sure there are others who can give you recommendations on the medicines. But be patient those fish are pretty stressed after their trip from the lake and are not used to living in a glass box.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Darkside

The fish was in quarinetiene for a week before I got them.The guy I got them from said they were eating,now i don't know what is going on.They are in newly set up tanks that have been running for 2 week before.Must I try feeding some floating pellets.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Were these tanks cycled? Do you have test kits for ammonia or nitrite?

Stop feeding for just now, they won't starve. Water quality is more important. If these tanks were not cycled, go back to where you bought the fish and get some dirty filter media. Put the media, gunk and all, into your filter to jumpstart your bacterial colonies.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my tanks where cycled for 2 weeks,took some filter media from old running tanks,to put in the filters.Gave them a littel bit of tetrabits this morning and they where eating it.Getting frozen cyclops and mysis to feed them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts