Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have just bought a load of un named cichlids off the net and wondered if anyone could tell me what they are .
I want to put pictures of them on here but don't know how.
Can anyone help?
Paul & Emma

·
Super Moderator
40,491 Posts
Also there is a forum just for this purpose on cichlid-forum entitled "Unidentified Cichlids".

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
#1 looks like a Victorian species that hasn't colored up, #2 is some type of OB zebra-type mbuna, and #3 is of the Melanochromis genus.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
the first fish in the second post looks like a female Astatotilapia latifasciata to me. not sure about the second one. the very first pic posted is a Sp. 44 male.

the very last fish posted appears a bit on the pelviachromis side, but even the albinos have purple on them...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your help with these fish, not sure if pic 1 and 4 are different speicies or not but having looked at pics on net am pretty sure we have a couple of sp 44's males anyway think i might have left the females behind.
The blotch look spot on as one i saw on a german web site ( german hybrid?)
The last one I can't see any resemblance to the pelviachromis though as yet the largest one i have is about 4" long with orange fins.

will post some more pictures of other fish later.
Paul

G

·
I agree on the one being Astatotilapia sp. "44". For the topic poster it is commonly mislabeled as Haplochromis obliquidens and Haplochromis sp. "44".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts