Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been treating for ick with the api ick medication since saturday now. The white spots are no longer covering his body but now there seems to be some sort of white film on his back and he is struggling to swim around and ends up vertical a lot of the time. I have 6 other fish in this tank as well that all look fine to me except the torn up fins they had when i got them all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im thinking i may have overmedicated the fishtank and it is affecting bass. After reading the medication says to treat again after 48 hours and i did it after 24 hours as the previous medication said to do. I just did a 30% water change and vacuumed most of the tank. I also put the carbon back into the filter to try and get this stuff out of the water. Im going to get another heater to raise the tank temp and treat with salt for the ick. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
You have the right idea w/ salt and temp. Juvie peacock bass are very very susceptible to ick, so most ppl leave the temp high (86ish) until they've grown a bit. Just the way it is I guess. Lucky you have enough tank space for one! I could only dream.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well my peacock bass died yesterday. All of his tankmates are looking good so I hope this is my only loss. I may get a frontosa instead to take his place. not sure yet. any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts