Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I bought 5 P.s Salousi and they wer fine for about 2mounths, but then after 2months they started to die.
1 after the other, first it was my Male and then the others.
I only have 2 Females and one is showing sympthoms that the other ones showed befor they died.
The wierd thing is, Its just the P.s Salousi i have other tipes (pecock O.B and Yello Lab).
The others are fine but the Salousis are dying.
PLEASEE!!!!!! HELP ME!!! :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the tank is 35G(planning on getting a 300~400L tank in my birthday).
and i was told that Tap Water in israel is pretty hard so no need to add things like Crushed Coral. And the Rest i have no idea.
its Tempeture stands on 80~81F.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Symptoms are:

1) lack of food intrest.
2) bumping in to the other fish and the aqurium glass(like there Blind).
3) after 1 or 2 weeks there stumic gets swollen.
4) there color gets all fuzzy.
5)staying in one place and not moving neer the filter.
6) Dying TOT.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok your ganna have to be pationt with me since im only 4months with this hobby.
luckly i know what you mean but how do i check that out? the ammonia and stuff.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys but the wierd thing is that all my other fish (only 3) are fine my Yello Lab is breeding have 35 fry.
all in 1 go when i saw her i thought she was ganna exploud.
and the fry are 1 and half months old none of them died same with my Fry salousi i have 25 of them healthy and all(starting to show Colors!!).

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
The most common problem is called "Bloat Disease"

The fish lose interest in food, get real tired acting. They often look like they are chewing or coughing, they often have stringing white thin feces, and they often get a swollen stomach. They don't move much in the end then die. This is caused from stress.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Noki then what should i do to anti stress them please help its hard to watch my fishy die and me not being able to do anything TOT.

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
You probably need that larger tank to anti-stress them. When is your birthday?

Do you have lots of rocks in the 35G?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
By the way i do need a bigger tank but the Bloating desise is not coused by the small tank.
from a parasite... look at the link that Noki posted

·
Registered
9,062 Posts
Do the symptoms match Bloat Disease?

Stress comes from poor water quality, and from tankmates. A larger tank is just easier, as far as a community. Regular water changes are essential, and probably the best way to keep your fish healthy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well then what tank should i get? and should i just move my Ps salousi and give them to the shop or what should i do im rly confuzed guyz dont forget im only 4months in all this hobby

·
Super Moderator
40,494 Posts
First you have to cure your fish of any diseases before you give them back to the LFS. So go with the treatment.

Yes bloat is caused by a parasite, but it is believed the parasite is always present and only becomes a health issue when the fish are stressed and therefore susceptible and weakened.

Aggressive fish crowded into a 35G can be a cause of stress. They may fight more in close quarters. Each male wants to defend a square foot or more of the substrate and there may not be room for him to have a square foot of his own. What are the dimensions?

It is quite common for one-two fish to show symptoms and the others to appear fine. Unfortunately the others may not REALLY be fine...bloat is infamous for taking a fish or two every couple weeks or every month until you are wiped out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts