Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having 1000 fits watching my Burundi pair go at each other and my hospital tank is out of action (to split them), they were fine for a month but now want to kill each other what can I do ?????

P.s just so you know I have them in my Malawi 180 tank.

Thanks Ben.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had these two in my Malawi tank and started to cycle another Rio 240 for a Burundi frontosa display, I ordered some 3-4" Burundi for this tank but have not been shipped yet. The two I have in my Malawi tank will be moved to the Burundi tank when they arrive but I have managed to put a screen in to keep them apart for now, talk about stress. :-?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Redbullracer uK said:
I had these two in my Malawi tank and started to cycle another Rio 240 for a Burundi frontosa display, I ordered some 3-4" Burundi for this tank but have not been shipped yet. The two I have in my Malawi tank will be moved to the Burundi tank when they arrive but I have managed to put a screen in to keep them apart for now, talk about stress. :-?
A Rio 240 is not big enough for frontosa.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A Rio 240 is not big enough for frontosa.[/quote]

I was told it would be here in the UK :(
how many at 3-4" would I get in a 240 with 2 Fluval 305 filters ?, I can't get a bigger tank as the 240 just fit

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Redbullracer uK said:
A Rio 240 is not big enough for frontosa.
I was told it would be here in the UK :(
how many at 3-4" would I get in a 240 with 2 Fluval 305 filters ?, I can't get a bigger tank as the 240 just fit
There is no problem with 3-4" fish in a Rio 240, but a tank that is 121 x 41 x 55 cm, will not really suffice for very long, as these fish can grow up to 40cm long. I wouldn't recommend them unless you can get a tank that is at least 180cm long, and wider than a 240.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.