Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this peacock at marine warehouse in tampa and they told me it was a saulosi, but I'd didn't think so, so I researched. My guess it's an auloncara stuartgranti (Mbowe Is). Can anyone tell me what type of peacock it is?

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
Perhaps you could post some further pictures of this fish. There are some characteristics that suggest the fish you've listed as a possibility isn't the right type.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kerrico.

Fogelhund here are the pics. The store I bought it from told me that this fish was a trade in from one of their customers. They also told me that it's a F1 cichlid.

[/img]

[/img]

[/img]

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
The body is too elongate to be a pure Aulonocara, probably one of the many hybrid Peacocks out there, likely going to be a pretty fish though.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Fogelhund said:
The body is too elongate to be a pure Aulonocara, probably one of the many hybrid Peacocks out there, likely going to be a pretty fish though.
So the F1 label ment first generation hybrid? :wink:

Mouth looks kind of OK for a saulosi (bullet shaped head and big mouth OK too I think) but the colour seems wrong and yep rather elongate.

Shape all wrong for a stuartgranti I think.

I guess as you may never be sure then treat it as a nice looking hybrid.

All the best James

·
Registered
256 Posts
24Tropheus said:
Fogelhund said:
So the F1 label ment first generation hybrid? :wink:
I knew you would jump on that one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's disappointing. Kerrico, I see your in Tampa any suggestions on where to buy fish other than marine warehouse?

Thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know of a few places to get fish. Pm me what you are looking for. I might have some that would interest you as well.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Possibly part fryeri? I have seen a lot of peacock fryeri hybrids recently

·
Registered
296 Posts
It's probably just part lemon jake or something. They have longer body shapes and white tips like that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts