Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently got into African cichlids, and have 8 mbuna and 1 peacock in a 40 gallon tank. I was wondering if someone would be able to help my identify some of my fish. I'll include pictures of the ones I haven't identified yet.
I know that I have a yellow lab and 3 P. Acei but what got confusing was the source of one of the fish told me that two were demasoni. Yet these two look nothing alike and I suspect he did not know. I also have a white/pink that is not an albino, as well as an orange purple and an unknown peacock. If any of you experienced keepers could help me that'd be appreciated!
I will include pictures here-

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
The orange pinkish one is red zebra. The blue one (no strips) is cobalt blue zebra or m callainos k
(not demasoni) . The striped one in the last picture is not cobalt blue zebra. Not sure about the rest.

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
1. this is not a pure Aulonocara "peacock", probably a Hap hybrid
2. a pale "Red Zebra" prob female and a "Rusty", and some Acei
3. this is a "Cobalt Zebra", maybe female
4. boss male...? Mbuna, doesn't seem like a pure Zebra, could be a hybrid. Do the vertical bars ever get darker?

I hate it when some people make up names like they know when they don't know, but it is common so be wary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.