Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my male white top is going and like vibrating against my female does this mean he doesn't like her should I move her :-?

·
Registered
69 Posts
If im not mistaken i think hes doing his mating dance... but you might wanna watch and make sure hes not being overly aggressive towards her!

·
Registered
162 Posts
It definitely sounds like he is trying to get her to spawn. This is a pretty normal thing in any African Cichlid tank. Aslong as your female isn't getting beaten up to badly you don't want to remove her.
Don't be suprised if you notice her holding in the next day or two! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
40,520 Posts
Just make sure you have plenty of female Cynotilapia sp. hara and that way the chasing gets spread among them and no one female becomes overly stressed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I just stripped two Msobos that were holding and got 12 out of one and 14 out of the other, but they were only a little over two inches, Its not unheard of to get 30 fry out of a full grown female

·
Registered
181 Posts
Not that it can't be possible but its not unheard of for lfs's to sell fish as something they are not. Its not uncommon to read posts here where the fish store told the buyer it was one kind of fish and it ended up being something different. Wild caught is hard to prove or disprove unless you are the one catching the fish or got it from a reputable source. IMO LFS's are not reputable sources. My LFS has frequently lead my astray with misinformation and lack of knowledge. Thankfully I found this forum as its full of information from many experienced people

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
they are actualy a fish store that really only specializes in cichlids and they get wild fish in all the time because the owners also own a whose sale place so i know thay are actualy wild

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.