Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Help Idintify my Cichlids

928 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Charden 
Yellow with black fins = yellow labs. They're in a few of your shots. Nearly impossible to sex by looking at them.

Orange/peach = red zebras. Again, in a couple of the shots. Peach SOMETIMES indicates males, but yours look too small to have undergone a color shift, so it could just be a different strain.

Yellow/white with black stripe = auratus. Juvenile, so too early to tell if it's male. If it is, it'll turn colors.

Need a better pic of the ones with the red/orange dorsal fins to tell what they are.

First appears to be some type of cynotilapia... I think?

What size tank is this? That auratus is going to get really brutally mean shortly. The red zebras will crossbreed with the yellow labs. Just a heads up.

Well, hybrids being sold/traded/given away are frowned upon, but if you plan on keeping everything born in your tank, it's not an issue.

An auratus will kill everything in a 20g. If you want to get a breeding colony of them, I suggest a 5' tank or larger. 1m:8f.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.