Cichlid Fish Forum banner

Help Idintify my Cichlids

932 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Charden 
#1 ·
OK so I am new to this and need some help identifying what I bought and if possible how to tell the sex of them..Any comments or advice is appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
The 3rd pic is of an Auratus, 4th pics looks to be 2 of the Red Zebras and the last pic is a Yellow Lab.

Im sure others will chime and in get the rest for ya and correct me if I am wrong at all. Still working on IDing fish by photos so take what I am saying with a grain of salt.

#3 ·
Yellow with black fins = yellow labs. They're in a few of your shots. Nearly impossible to sex by looking at them.

Orange/peach = red zebras. Again, in a couple of the shots. Peach SOMETIMES indicates males, but yours look too small to have undergone a color shift, so it could just be a different strain.

Yellow/white with black stripe = auratus. Juvenile, so too early to tell if it's male. If it is, it'll turn colors.

Need a better pic of the ones with the red/orange dorsal fins to tell what they are.

First appears to be some type of cynotilapia... I think?

What size tank is this? That auratus is going to get really brutally mean shortly. The red zebras will crossbreed with the yellow labs. Just a heads up.

#7 ·
Here are some better pics of the ones with red orange dorsal fins...also the peach Zebra seems to have black spots on it. Is this normal? I am really curious to know what these are and how I can make my tank better so any advice is appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.