Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to a local pet store, was getting some things for my black samurai betta when the employee came up to me and offered me some free cichlids. My son (8) said ok!... I told the guy that I have a 55 gallon stocked already... he said new 75gal for $85... how can you say no to that?? I had a brand new pennplax 1000 sitting at home waiting for whenever a filter goes out on me.. I got a marineland internal water polisher pump to go with it. He threw them in a 5 gallon bucket (another 10 dollar freebie). And I now have 5 red top hongi 2 males 3 females. 1 chunky corydora and what I believe to be a peacock cichlid just not sure on the which aulonocara it may be. Any help? Sorry for the long story shortened. Sorry the water is not clearer. Had to use half the water from my 55 gal malawi tank and 1 bag of caribsea african cichlid substrate I had remaining to kind of get the tank cycling faster.. with nitrifying bacteria additive as well..

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,485 Posts
Can't help with the ID, but keep the cory, the peacock and the hongi in 3 different tanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right I can't id it either. Unfortunately at the moment I have a larger tank in the works and is not ready yet. I am going to find a new home for the large peacock as I do not know what it is and don't want to chance a hybrid once my female eurekas get bigger (they are in a separate 55gal). This tank is what the pet store kind of dropped in me lol the hongis are doing their breeding ritual but none are holding yet. New tank should be ready by the time they are ready to release fry. The Cory is currently separated from the rest with a tank divider for the time being. From what I was told they all grew together for 2 years.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
It looks most like a Aulonocara jacobfreibergi 'Tsano Rock', impossible to tell for certain if it is that....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts