Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 2 peacocks from different tanks. The male he's red black orange and blue. What I believe to be a female who was in a tank with other female peacocks that were all typical gray. However this one I picked because (she) was really colorful for a female. She has the rounded fins just not 100 percent sure what kind of peacock she is. She is silverish light blue with orange horizontal stripes, her silver is actually like a reflective blue. Sorry about Mark (cobalt blue zebra) he loves taking pictures!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,838 Posts
Welcome to C-F!!

Your 1st pic looks like a Labidochromis joanjohnsonae female which is a Mbuna and not a peacock.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi. I LOVE these fish. Absolutely my favorites. For this post.... :)

What you have there is a Female Labidichromis Exasperatus. Or by another name, Joanjohnsonae as Deeda points out.

There is one hiccup with this identification though. There is an Extremely minute possibility that it is a male of a different species. Labidichromis Textilus. The females in the two species are nearly indistinguishable, but in Joanjohnsonae or Exasperatus, the males become a much bluer color with black along the dorsal fin - much like a yellow lab. The reason I don't believe that this is the case, however, is that the textilus are so rare in the hobby as to not really exist, or so I read... So, I conclude Exasperatus.

As for the egg spots, all my females show egg spots, though none show 4.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
SenorStrum said:
Hi. I LOVE these fish. Absolutely my favorites. For this post.... :)

What you have there is a Female Labidichromis Exasperatus. Or by another name, Joanjohnsonae as Deeda points out.

There is one hiccup with this identification though. There is an Extremely minute possibility that it is a male of a different species. Labidichromis Textilus. The females in the two species are nearly indistinguishable, but in Joanjohnsonae or Exasperatus, the males become a much bluer color with black along the dorsal fin - much like a yellow lab. The reason I don't believe that this is the case, however, is that the textilus are so rare in the hobby as to not really exist, or so I read... So, I conclude Exasperatus.

As for the egg spots, all my females show egg spots, though none show 4.
M. exasperatus is a junior synonym for L. joanjohnsonae. So, this would be L. joanjohnsonae.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There's a Blue Dragon Blood in there I'm pretty sure. I've kept at least two of the males in my experience. I agree with Labidochromis exasperatus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts