Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a spot on one of my Africans a few weeks ago, and now she has several spots. Two more are showing a single spot on the same fin. There are 4 Africans in the tank, and there's been a spike in ammonia that I'm trying to get under control. I thought it might be ick, but the spots haven't been spreading quickly. All the fish are acting normal. Could these be due to stress from the water quality? Any advice is appreciated!

PS I don't know why the image is rotating, I can't fix it!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
40,481 Posts
Ich may not spread quickly. I do not see any spots that don't look like pigment. Where are the spots? Are they raised like grains of salt?

·
Registered
641 Posts
meggs&bacon said:
I noticed a spot on one of my Africans a few weeks ago, and now she has several spots. Two more are showing a single spot on the same fin. There are 4 Africans in the tank, and there's been a spike in ammonia that I'm trying to get under control. I thought it might be ick, but the spots haven't been spreading quickly. All the fish are acting normal. Could these be due to stress from the water quality? Any advice is appreciated!

PS I don't know why the image is rotating, I can't fix it!
An ammonia spike can cause various issues/ailments so I would first take care of this. Do water changes until ammonia = 0 and then continue that until your bio filter catches up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts