Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 55 gallon tank right now with 8 cichlids. I know what breeds some are and i'm pretty sure they are mostly mbunas except for a couple of peacocks. I just wanted some help identifying them correctly. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
1. Hybrid Haplochromis It's likely a sulphur head hybrid.
2. Both Peacocks are hybrids, one sometimes called a strawberry peacock.. the light one.
3. Melanochromis auratus (If it's a male, it will be VERY aggressive) and Chindongo socolofi
4. Maybe a Scieanochromis fryeri, or hybrid of.
5. Yes, a bumblebee... they can be pretty aggressive if male, and grow 7-8" and frankly aren't the prettiest fish once mature. Males turn a kind of chocolate brown.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The aurutas is a female, has been living with the bumblebee and socofoli and about a year and a half now. I recently got the other 5 fish and the store had them all together and said they were just a mix of mbunas and peacocks and said they would all do great together, and of course i believed him haha. Wasn't expecting to get a hap, will he still do fine on my tank?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.