Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some new African cichlids and added them Wednesday (6 young fish, at 4cm long). I noticed one actually came with ICH but i left it a few days to see of it was stress related. Now it has spread to the other newcomers and I'm starting to panic. I also have clown loaches and a plec, so please advise me on a safe, effective treatment for these fish.

They are all otherwise swimming around happily.

I also have a UV steriliser
pH is about 7.9
I use stress coat with every water change
Partial water changes are performed very couple of days due to high nitrates (They usually measure 80-120 if left to only once a week water changes)
Temp is 26 Celsius
Ammonia and nitrite is 0

18159FF5-74F6-4701-A690-B059D6F506B1.jpeg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've decided to treat with temp at 30 Celsius (86 Fahrenheit) and about 500g salt (2g per litre - i think this works out about 2 tablespoons per gallon for those in the US) and just monitor the plec as i know they don't tolerate salt too well. Any other useful advice please welcome.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Keep an eye on the clown loaches as well, they usually don't tolerate salt well either. I have used Kordon's Rid Ich plus with my loaches and catfish with no problems at all. Hikari Ich X has the same ingredients so its safe and effective too. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts