Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tank has recently gotten these tiny little bubbles in it which makes the water seem murky. I have in the last two months added a few fish i now have 18 african rock cichlids in a 55 gal tank with two bio wheel filters and a heater. I did a 90 % water change and the water stayed clear for about a week. then slowly but surely the tiny bubbles reappeared. I have also tried different water clearing products. argh!!!! some one help please.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Tiny bubbles aren't harmful to fish. Don't over react and start dumping in a bunch of additives to try to resolve it.

A good first thing to always do if you suspect a water quality issue is to test your water. Are ammonia, nitrite, pH, KH in line?

More info would be helpful.

Size of fish?

Filters?

Maintenance like filter cleanings, water changes?

If heavily rocked, do you ever move and vacuum under the rocks?

How long has the tank been set up?

·
Registered
73 Posts
all tanks i have that have biowheels all seem to get full of micro bubbles unless the water is filled to a precise spot. also what kind of rocks are you using? sandstone and the like will break down after a while submerged in water causing micro bubbles to escape from hairline cracks..

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have micro bubbles and my tank water is high, i think it actually makes my tank look really clean.. Especially when the light is hitting them.. They are not a problem. I most likely have them because my circulation pump is almost hitting the water flow from my Aquaclear HOB. My Eheim is on the opposite end.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i heard from a friend enthusiast," that sometimes" air bubbles/ micro bubbles can sometimes be a bad exchange of gases due to large water changes. Just a myth maybe but just thought i would throw it out there. lol
all the best

·
Registered
623 Posts
Lacey131 said:
i heard from a friend enthusiast," that sometimes" air bubbles/ micro bubbles can sometimes be a bad exchange of gases due to large water changes. Just a myth maybe but just thought i would throw it out there. lol
all the best
Only bad bubbles i know of are decomposing biological matter under substrate that float up when you stir up your sand.

And OP your probably noticing bubbles now because your water level dropped since you filled it up a week ago. Just evaporation. Bubbles of oxygen are good, means your getting surface agitation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.