Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so lost and confused as to what I am can someone help me?

I'm not an Albino Pseudotropheus socolofi

I'm not a Yellow Lab or a White Tail Acei

I'm not a Cobalt Blue Zebra or whatever that other guy is?

So can you guys help me please?

While you're helping him/she out can you help me out also?

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm not sure the first fish is even an African. Looks more South American to me, maybe an acara of some sort?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Agree with James for #1. I'd say #2 is Labeotropheus, though. Lip looks overslung and body is too elongated to be a peacock. #1 will get the snot kicked out of it by mbuna, most likely

·
Registered
912 Posts
#1 is definitely something from the true Cichlasoma, which generally are referred to as "Ports". I doubt that it is portalagrense, as that species is less common than several others. It is from South America, and is not a rough enough fish to do well with Mbuna.

#2 is too elongate and too thick to be a Peacock, does appear to have a slight Labeotropheus mouth, but those pictures are so blurry I can't be sure. Certainly some sort of Mbuna.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, my camera sucks with taking pick of the fish in the tank. #2 I thought it was a Labeotropheus. I guess I'll see if a LFS will tank #1. It's actually been keeping the Mbuna line, but they're still Juvies.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
:oops: Yep on second look far more Mbuna than peacock and I would not argue with Labeotropheus though the nose seems a little small but then many TB lines have small noses.

All the best James

1 - 9 of 9 Posts