Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 21 3 year old Ilangis. Last week, for the first time, I noticed a ~1" fry in the rocks which darts out into the open from time to time to pick something on the rocks, then dashes back under cover. Do I need to do anything special to better ensure Junior's survival?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I must admit I was thrilled.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree, once it gets big enough, it will likely join the others out in the open. Congrats! I love accidental fish(only!) babies lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
With more cover they'll have a better chance and more will likely survive. Even the fry are very territorial. The more the better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bluetangclan said:
I agree, once it gets big enough, it will likely join the others out in the open. Congrats! I love accidental fish(only!) babies lol
Sooo.....if you have a kid.......do you love em?
I have 5 kids, never planned on any of em........ I love em and would do whatever it takes to make sure they have what they NEED. I have sacrificed my life for them and my wife, wouldn't ever regret it.

It was also sad to my fry get eaten. I feel sorry for any of my fish when they die. I also do everything in my power to make sure them fish have what they need to survive. I love life, what an amazing thing. What an amazing creation, and to watch it all be destroyed angers me to no end. Maybe we tropheus keepers will be the ones to preserve these little guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts