Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/girls,

Im trying to figure out what my fish has right now! Here is all the information i have.

I have a 75 gallon tank
Ph is at 7.6
Ammon. 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20

I do 2 35% water change every wednesday and saturday religiously unless im sick.

Its a mixed Peacock/Hap tank all male. Some chasing here and there, no REAL damage, just a nipped fin.

Here are the symptoms:

- I noticed the last couple days my Lemon Jake has gotten darker purple
- hangs out at one side of the tank.
- hasnt eaten in 2 days, its gonna be 3 today
- has a coughing like motion every couple mins
- looks like hes struggling to breathe, not breathing heaving just looks like deep breaths
- he still chases fish if they get near him?
- scratches faces on sand/rocks

Now, at first i thought it was bloat, so i did a treatment of clout last night. now im thinking its more gill flukes?

Would it be ok if i switched to Prazipro instead now? Or do the two meds conflict and harm the fish more?

What else can i do?

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe there's not enough oxygen in the tank or a too high temp. Have you got some water movement at the top. Getting your temp down if it's too high will really help.

·
Registered
623 Posts
warmer water doesnt hold oxygen as well, so even if you havent touched your heater your house may be a bit warmer and thus warmed your tank. I usually turn my heater down come spring and summer and let it naturally warm up. Also how old is this fish?

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
From what I've read, Prazipro and Clout do not conflict, however I would still err on the side of caution and perform a water change followed by a day off before starting on the Prazipro. Might not make any difference, I'm just not sure so wouldn't personally mix.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the temp in my tank is 78 consistant. I have 3 thermometers all over the tank to make sure the heat is even all around. Also, i have tons of oxygen, my surface has tons of movement.

GTZ - my fish is about 3 years old, i had him for 2 and he was about 2 inches when i got him.

I did what your suggested and im going to dose Prazipro today, i waited that extra day like you said.

I just hope its not too late :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts