Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help,

My convicts just paired up and there's a third con that won't let me get him out. The the convict that I can't get out is chasing the pair and the pair wo't come done to the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
284 Posts
The the convict that I can't get out is chasing the pair and the pair wo't come done to the bottom of the tank.
I'm not sure the other two are a pair. Usually pairs become much bolder than individual cons, and cons who are chased up into the top corners of the tank don't put a high priority on pairing; it's more of a survival thing. Hang on to that third con just in case you need to re-try pairing them off.
If the other two are in fact a pair, congrats! Brace yourself for many batches of fry! :D

·
Registered
116 Posts
two nets works well for me, one smaller one for chasing the fish into the bigger one. Persistance is usually the key, after a minute or two they aren't quite as fast.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The two are in fact a pair they have made their little nest/depression in the gravel next to one of the pots. And I am keeping the other con because if I get more I can always try to pair him up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts