Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering put my heaters in the corner overflows on my 125 for easier access than their current location in the sump. Is there any reason I shouldn't do this?There seems to enough room for them , but I'm not sure if it will just heat up the overflows and not the tank .

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would leave them in the sump. Why do you need to get to them anyways? Also I dont think enough water comes through the overflows to have the heater complete submerse with water 24/7.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I placed two heaters in my overflows. One in each, it works fine and my overflows are filled with water. Also, the overflows feeds the sump therefore the overflows would get as much water flow as the sump. Good times. That is just how I roll. :thumb: :dancing:

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you need to get to them anyways?
One good reason is to have better access for temp adjustment and another is to be able to see that little red light so I know that the heater is working and monitor it for failures. My sump is a DIY, so it's not transparent like most commercial units and as such I cant see the heaters.

redrum

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I placed two heaters in my overflows. One in each, it works fine and my overflows are filled with water. Also, the overflows feeds the sump therefore the overflows would get as much water flow as the sump.
thanks RedRum, that's what I was thinking just wasn't 100% on it. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts