Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I bought a Visi-Therm Stealth PRO Heater for my new tank and all the issues I didn't find when I was researching it I obviously don't want to replace mine with another Visi-Therm Stealth PRO Heater, so I was wonder what are some of the heater that ARE NOT having isses? Anyone use the ViaAqua Titanium Tube Heaters?

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
None of the others have been known to explode, at least not yet. No matter the manufacturer, there are lemons in every batch. Just don't oversize it, so if it sticks on it won't cook your fish.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I just got a via aqua titanium heater this morning to replace the stealth Pros that I've returned. From the mix review that I read, it seems like there are some bad ones in the batch. Just keep an eye on yours for at least the first few days and don't over size like the other guy mention above.

There are always bad and good ones in any heater brands, so... good luck. If you already got yours, let me know how its running.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Im using the 300w fluval with the digital led screen. I love it because you can fine tune it to within .5 of a degree. Not that I set it like that but its the best heater I've owned.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
yea i was looking at the fluval before too but after reviewing the review section on this forum I didnt' really like it. It is expensive and people are still having issues. I didn't really like the size and shape of that thing either. Didn't like the size of the Rena smart heater either.

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
It is expensive and people are still having issues.
That's the thing with all the heaters in the reviews. You won't find a single one where someone didn't have a failure. You just have to go with something and hope you didn't get one of the bad apples in the barrel.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I bought a Fluval (silver tube) 200W.. turns out it's not fully submersible!!

UGH!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Glaneon, I wrote Fluval. It is indeed fully submersible and they apologized for the confusion in the instructions.

I apologize for the confusion in the instructions. The heater is totally submersible, cord and all.

Noralynn Naughton, Customer Service
edit: I should add These are the M series heaters with the silver tube just to clarify for everyone.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Wierd, yeah.. I just returned my M150 that was in my 35 gallon - right on the tube it has a high-water mark. Doesn't seem to be instruction confusion, it's on the product! Shame on them!

So I returned my Marineland Stealth Pro 200W for a M300 Fluval for my turtle tank (which isn't filled to the top.

Well, at least I'll feel safer now if my turtles decide to reposition the heater on me (they're so pushy!)

·
Registered
352 Posts
curlylox92 said:
Since I bought a Visi-Therm Stealth PRO Heater for my new tank and all the issues I didn't find when I was researching it I obviously don't want to replace mine with another Visi-Therm Stealth PRO Heater, so I was wonder what are some of the heater that ARE NOT having isses? Anyone use the ViaAqua Titanium Tube Heaters?
So, which one do you have? The Visi-Therm and the Stealth Pro are 2 different heaters (both made by Marineland). The Stealth Pro is the one with issues. The Visi-Therms are fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts