Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one else have a problem with mold with there python vacuum gravel cleaner?
I get mold black mold in the tubing. Its happened 3 times where I had to replace the tubing. i stored it in my tank stand, bad idea. Now I store it in the garage, but no difference. Anyone got any ideas to help?

·
Registered
234 Posts
staples2485 said:
suck some hot bleach water threw it every once in a while.
Yup that's what I do. Hook up a little pump to one end of the python. Drop it in a bucket full of water. clamp the other end of the hose to the bucket. Add 2-3 cups of bleach to the water. Plug in the pump and let it run for a couple of hr's. When it's clear and clean dump the bleach water. Add fresh water and dechlorinator. Plug the pump back in and let it run for a coule more hours. good luck.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Bleach will kill the crud but I find a quicker way to get it out. If you tie a long thin weight (welding rod?) on a string and drop it through, then tie a small piece of rag on, you can scrub the rag back and forth until satisfied. A long thin wire like a fish tape is cool to get the rag rather than fighting to drop the weight through.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts