Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a breeding pair of kribs in one of my tanks, they have produced eggs, but they've never got any further before the female gets rid of them. this has happend about 7-9 times that I know of, so this time I've removed the eggs to see if I can raise tham myself. I just want to know if I've done the right thing and any advice on looking after the eggs. Also what would happen if I put the babies back in with the parants when there free swimming?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,006 Posts
Can't answer the second question, but seems you have little to lose by removing the eggs and trying to raise them yourself. That's what I'd be doing by now.

Probably not a good idea nor necessary to put the fry back with the adults, but only speculating.

·
Registered
31,206 Posts
If you put the babies back in after, they'll just be viewed as food.

I wonder if the eggs just aren't getting fertilized.

·
Registered
705 Posts
*** noticed unfertilized eggs turning white typically with my angels. idk if they are similar or not (egg wise) but id just try isolating the eggs urself and growing out the babies in another tank. should be able to rehome them pretty easily at .5-1inch in size. gl to ya in this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think there getting fertalised coz the male will gard the spawn site none stop except for when i feed them. i took the eggs out 3 day ago now they were a yellowey/dark cream colour but now they'v got white bulges on them and 1 or 2 have droped off the roof of the cave on to the bottom of the tank and a few are gone from the cave and i cant find them so idont know wats happening

1 - 5 of 5 Posts