Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 32g bowfront with a mirror background, (hate it) and was thinking of ways to cover the mirror, was thinking of a 3D BG but its not feasable in this tank, so I thought I would coat the back with silicone and embed PFS, what do you all think?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Maybe small rocks, pebbles will work better.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I would defintely NOT use PFS to coat the back of the tank. That would make cleaning it in the future impossible. If you have another tank to put your fish in, I would just scrape off the mirror finish and either paint or use a regular background on your tank.

I believe that stuff just scrapes off, but I have never tried to remove mirror finish before. but I have scraped off many a painted background in my day :)

Steve

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a good idea, thx :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
try a bit of nitromores on the film, its paint and varnish striper and can be really effective on some plastic films.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
more good info to file away for future reference. I say in the DIY backgrounds where a guy used slate directly on the back of the tank, used silicone to accach it directly to the glass, looks very cool

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.