Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
Will it fit in your tank? Looks too deep to avoid touching the glass.

How high is it and what fish are you stocking? Aesthetically, beautiful. It will not stay white though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not staying white is a good thing for me, I have Mbuna's and yes looks bigger in the pics.

Thanks for the reply, Steve

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
For mbuna I'd go higher. You have 3 spaces for males there...front and 2 back corners.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
How high is what you have? Height is for the females.

If you plan 4 males in the tank break up the open space in the front with something to make 2 territories for the fish to use as a defending marker.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Height of the real rocks are 10 inches to the highest point and the artificial rock is approx. 11 inches when stood up, laying down its approx. 8-9 inches.

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I like the real rock. Artificial does not usually have the same divisions inside as a real stack.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea, thats what I kinda thought. Guess I need to try to try to divide the tank up with what I have. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
40,502 Posts
I always think of tree stumps or pyramids. The males like a patch of substrate with some borders. Also if you make more than one pile if you have to net a fish you can shoo him to one end, divide the tank at a breakpoint and just remove that one section of rocks to get him.

I liked what you had the first time...just put a rock in the middle if you can without destroying the design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts