Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted in awhile but have been trying to restock my 125.

I had purcased twenty plus small juvie dems and had them growing out in a 29 untill I removed my venustus and frontosa. Well a couple weeks back I lost all them to a heater failure. I guess on the positive side I moved a larger pleco to my main tank and took the golden nugget pleco and two smaller zebras that couldn't stay in the main tank to the petstore right after gettin the dems. So not a total loss.

Anyways I pulled a male red zebra, aurtas, and rt hongi. Along wit my venustus front and a duboisi and traded them all in for store credit last week.

Well I still have a small group of random females I coudlnt catch that day and seem to be holding their own. With all the males I'm thinking of keeping.(I can't chose who stays and who goes)

I have wanted to try a harem of Pseudotropheus Crabro.
That's were problem two started. I stopped by a small pet store and he had two bumble bees left in a tank and was selling them cheap so I decided since they were still juvies my large male wouldn't mind them untill I could get them to order more for me.
Well upon releasing them in the tank my large male bumblebee attacked and basically ate one of the juvies.

Sorry for all the sad story. But I've just been a little flusterd about it all.

But my question is with a large male already in the tank what would be the best way to add fish to the group? Should I just wait and buy like ten more juvies and hope for the best or try to find females and order them? Angain sorry for the long thread and thanks for any advice in advance.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
They're nasty, but I'd rearrange the rocks and put the big male alone in another tank for a few weeks while the new fish got established, then reintroduce him. I've had occasional success doing this, def. not reliable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts