Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple short clips of the fishes in my 55 (that I never got around to getting a background or new rocks for) :oops:
Had to add 1 polit & 1 flavus (until I find a home for them)
but, hope you like the fish.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Enjoyed the videos, nice looking stock!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your kind replies :) I've had this group for a year now. They're all young adults & breeding . The biggest male lab is a little over 4" & the hara also. The mainganos are 2.75- 3.75" .

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very nice! Do you seeing much aggression from the flavus or polit in comparison to say your Cyno. Hara? I've been looking into adding flavus but have been warned that they are extremely aggressive. I wouldn't mind a few polit as well... Nice fish! :thumb:

Cheers!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Not really, the hara could be the new tank boss(it's a toss up between them & the mainganos) now. I just dumped the flavus & polit in a week (or 2) ago. The flavus was tank boss in the tank that I just moved them out of, but isn't very dominant in this tank. The polit has been more aggressive - mouth fighting the dom. hara soon as he hit the water.
Things have settled down now though.
I didn't keep either of them because of the dull females. Hopefully I'll find a home for them soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts