Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to set up some hanging rock in a future tank to provide shade from direct light to Paracyprichromis. Has anyone ever done something like that? What technique would be the most safe, esthetic (meaning no thread apparent) and efficient at the same time?

·
Registered
656 Posts
You would have to do some more research, but I think I remember seeing a fake rock formation that floats and attaches to the back of the tank with suction cups. It's probably sold for turtle tanks, I just don't remember where i saw it for sale, look on websites that sell reptile supplies.

I wouldn't attempt hanging real rocks in the tank, you're asking for squished fish and broken glass. If you decide to use real rocks, do as prov said, and stack them, don't try to hang them.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
DIY modules work for me.Created out of Styrofoam and Drylok, the modules are attached by either silicone or epoxy coated magnets.

·
Registered
705 Posts
i cant stand DIY compared to the retail versions... maybe if i had artistic talent.. who knows then maybe itd be a different story.. lolz

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Anthraxx8500 said:
i cant stand DIY compared to the retail versions... maybe if i had artistic talent.. who knows then maybe itd be a different story.. lolz
THIS!

If i tried a DIY BG, it would look like a 3 year old got into Styrofoam and then dropped a bucket of paint on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts