Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lol so i went to feed my fish this morning and im new to glass tops all of my tanks have had plastic hoods for the last year and i went to throw the food in and the top wasnt open and the pellets went EVERYWHERE!!! lol anyone else do this so i dont feel like a complete moron? lol

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
m1ke715m said:
lol so i went to feed my fish this morning and im new to glass tops all of my tanks have had plastic hoods for the last year and i went to throw the food in and the top wasnt open and the pellets went EVERYWHERE!!! lol anyone else do this so i dont feel like a complete moron? lol
:lol: :lol: :lol:
No I have not done this but that made my day. I have walked into sliding glass doors before. :oops:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok well i havent walked thru any sliding glass doors ever so that makes me feel a little better lol

·
Registered
482 Posts
Done it once but did have it open walked out of the room to get my.phone came back and was closed for some reason and didn't notice

·
Registered
295 Posts
I too, have walked into the sliding glass door, and also walked into the screen door on that sliding door, sending it, and me, crashing to the floor inside... and, yes, there was beer involved :p

Anyways, your glass tops must be cleaner than mine for you not to notice they were there.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I put stickers on the top of my glass covers.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Once my friend and i were in my car, he tried spitting out the window (gross juice) ended up spitting on my window because he didnt realize it was all the way up. lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol dude a few days ago i decided i was going to use this python thats been sitting around doing nothing... while i was filling a tank i had a regular gravel vac in another tank cuz i was putting rocks in it it was jus in the water and the bucket was on the floor i had to pull some water out to make room for the rocks that were giong in and my gf walked past it and it started syphoning on its own while i was scrambling to stop that the tank that was getting filled overflowed... water everywhere... popped the gfi ...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I have had similar stuff happen to me while I was trying to do 2 or more tanks at once. I have what people say is "No short term memory". I get up to grab something and forget what I was doing when I enter the kitchen lol.

Now I just do one at a time and devote my attention to that one until it is done. Then and only then do I move onto the next. Even if I can only get that particular one done today, tomorrow I will move onto the next.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have the same thing.. or i get messed up trying to do 3 things and it takes me forever cuz i keep getting sidetracked trying to do too many things at once... see me and my friend devote one day a week on the weekend to bang all the tanks out at least for water changes and then theres other stuff *** been doing lately so its taking more time

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well I work for.a government contractor and any thing with the government = hurry up and wait, oh and when your in the nitty gritty stop and do this too. Tell me about it. :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so i did something even more stupid the other day.. i was in a rush (doing 14 water changes in a few hours theres no time for bs'ing)and i had a bottle of water next to the bottle of stress coat.. and i grabbed the stress coat by mistake and took a swig.. luckily my friend was standing there and was like yoooooooooooo wtf are u doin.. it just hit my lips and then i spit it out... but wow... am i a moron lol he couldnt stop laughing at me thou

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've forgot about the python while I was refilling the tank. Until I heard water hitting the floor. Don't worry those glass tops are new, give them a couple weeks they will have a nice film on them and won't be so transparent. I really should clean mine so the light will shine through. That's pretty funny though.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
m1ke715m said:
so i did something even more stupid the other day.. i was in a rush (doing 14 water changes in a few hours theres no time for bs'ing)and i had a bottle of water next to the bottle of stress coat.. and i grabbed the stress coat by mistake and took a swig.. luckily my friend was standing there and was like yoooooooooooo wtf are u doin.. it just hit my lips and then i spit it out... but wow... am i a moron lol he couldnt stop laughing at me thou
Well on the bright side, now you wont have to worry about cankersores appearing out of nowhere? :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Raylans_girl said:
I've forgot about the python while I was refilling the tank. Until I heard water hitting the floor. Don't worry those glass tops are new, give them a couple weeks they will have a nice film on them and won't be so transparent. I really should clean mine so the light will shine through. That's pretty funny though.
oh they are green already... *** done worse that that thou.. i had a gravel vac in one tank jus chillin not syphoning yet and i was filling with the python on a diff tank... my girl walked past the the gravel vac and musta hit it idk how but it started syphoning on the floor and while i was scrambling to clean it up the one i was filling started overflowing lol... *** learned the hard way to only do one tank at a time..

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've spilt food a few times. I gave a house key to my uncle a while back. I came home to find he dumped a whole can of fish food in my aquarium. I was really POed. I put a sign on the tank DO NOT FEED FISH!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.