Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting a 125 gallon tank, in it I want some GTs. What Can some of you tell me about them in your personal experience. Dont give me a link cause I can do that myself. 8) I like getting personal expert opinions from everyone here. :D So what am I to expect. Growth Rates, appetites, favorite food, personality? Just anything you can tell me tell me.

·
Registered
877 Posts
hey there. i see you are in va. if you are in northern va, there is a place in annandale called super petz. right now they have some beautiful gts. check em out if you are close!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortently I am in the bottom most eastern corner of virginia, hampton roads tidewater area.

So anyone else have personal info

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hi there. expect a fast growth rate up to around 6" or so , then the growth rate slows down . Appetite , always hungry especially when young. Frequent smaller feedings for them as juvies is great for helping them grow up fast and strong. Favorite food, whatever you got. GTs arent very picky, but a good quality food will be very benificial to growth and health. Personality, This runs the spectrum of personality types . The ones I've had have been pretty well behaved, but they can and often do live up to their name of Green Terror. Usually they are pretty gentle and sometimes even shy up till they get around 6-8" . After that all bets are off, as they generally will become more aggressive around that size, but their own personality determines how big a bully they'll become. Like I said , mine have been pretty well behaved even at larger sizes.
Hope this helps you a little. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts