Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 6 Posts

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello i have an update,

i'm so happy! the prolapsed rectum has gone in completly!! i told you my little blacky was a fighter!!!! to my surprize i got home 2 days ago, and it had gone in completly, hes not swiming sideways anymore and he doesnt look at me with those sad eyes ... : ) : ) THANK YOU so much for your great advice, it seemed to do the trick, i hope i'm not getting too excited, i know hes old, and things seem to be going to the ****er latly, but at least now i feels theres hope for my little guy, or should i say big guy!!!!

so now that being said, i would like to try and figure out what the growth on his tail is, its been there at least 3 months now, strated off small and seems to be getting bigger, i know while he had the prolapsed rectum, he was banging his body on anything he could find in the tank and managed to rip a piece off the growth , which i found laying on the bottom of the tank one day. what could it be? what can i do for it?

should i continue with the epsom salts anyways at this point? i noticed he seems to be pooping but its white and gooey.

pic-#1 (prolapsed rectum)

pic # 2 (growth on tail) what the heck is that??

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi there,

hes about 7 years old. i'll keep up the weekly water changes as usual, but what about the epsom salt, should i quit that now?

btw he ripped another chunk off his tail again about the size of a dime.....but on a good note hes seems to be eating everyday, and still comes up to the front of the tank & greets me when i get home from work. he does not seem to be in pain, i know when he had the prolapsed rectum, he would not even look at me & kelpt his back to me at all times.. : ( so i guess my question is he in pain? l

Thanks a bunch

· Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actuly i'm not medicating him at all, besides for the epsom salt, should i be medicating him?

as for the hole in the head, i think he had this years ago, and those are just scars.

should i keep adding epsom salt with the water changes or should i just stop?

1 - 3 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.