Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is giving me his 90 gallon tank w/ a 7 to 8 inch oscar and 5 inch green terror in it. I want to add more fish to it once i get it and really like severums and read that they do well with oscars. My concern is that all the lfs around me have severums in the 2-3 inch range and know that they wouldnt do well with the oscar while that small.

I currently have a 29 and 20L tank. The 29 has 2 festivums(3 inches), 3 platies(1.5-2 inches) and 4 panda corys(1/2 inch). The 20L has a pair of kribs that are pretty agressive which is why they have their own tank.

Ok! So my question is can one of these tanks be used to keep the severums in until they hit about 4 to 5 inches or would they cause trouble to my other fish or would i be better off trying to track down some larger severums.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
My main concern would be that a 90G is just a 4' tank. A fully grown oscar can be kept in such a tank in a wet-pet type of setup, but there won't be space for any tank mates. Severums might make suitable tank mates for oscars, but IMHO you'd need at least a 6' tank to house both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts