Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i've been reading the forum for quite some time, but, this is my 1st post. i just got my computer back from service, and the first thing i did, was check out the forum. one of the posts i came across was, "you know you're spending too much time on cichlid forum when", it was hilarious. while cleaning 2 of my tanks this am, it hit me, maybe we are as crazy as our spouses say, but, maybe we can't help it. it could all boil down to the name cichlid forum, if you break down the word, cich= sick, lid= head. so, we don't stand a chance. i have a solution though, i read where frank mueller has a phd, so, why don't we all go to his house, check out his tanks, and hold a group therapy session
lol, len

·
Registered
509 Posts
I think we need the spouses in therapy :D We ONLY have 3 full time tanks up (and 2 isolation that pop up once and a while). We have a really empty kids' playroom that is just begging for a 6' tank (the kids are begging too) but getting approval has been a no go!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Therapy? Are you nuts? :lol:

Incidently, I went to a guys house at christmas and he had 2- 220 gal tanks set up and full of large africans. Next thing I knew my wife came into the room and said it was time to go. 3 hrs. Nothing wrong with that....right?

Can't remember the people who were at the party but can remember his stock list.

Yeh, maybe better sign me up too.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi, my name's Novice, and yes, I'm a fishaholic. I'm in a twelve step program.

1. Labidochromis caeruleus, 2. Iodotropheus sprengerae, 3 Pseudotropheus sp. Acei (Msuli), 4 Pseudotropheus socolofi, 5 OB â€Å"Peacocksâ€Â

·
Registered
89 Posts
If it isn't fun, why do it? Besides, It's great fun when somebody asks my ten year old grand-daughter, "Ohh, what's that pretty purple fish", and she answers without batting an eye, "Ohh, that's a Pseudotropheus acei. He's a boy."

That either stops the coversation dead, or starts it!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi my name is eric i am a recovering fishaholic, unfortunately. I say this because I used to have three tanks, a 10, 29 and 75 gal tanks with fish and well on my way to dreaming about bigger and better. Now I am down to 75 gal not by choice but out of necessity due to the birth of my son and converthing the spare room into his nursery. Couldn't convince the wife a tank would be good for the nursery, therefore the 29 and 10 went bye bye. :( Maybe one day I will have another tank but maybe something like over 120 gal. Thank you for letting me share. By the way great idea for a post.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I said it before and I will say it again. I have the Cichness. 13 tanks and growing. Got my first Vics to go along with my malawis a few weeks ago and looking into Tangs in the near future. Then it's onto new world.... :fish: :dancing: I wonder if there are cichlids on other planets? Hmmmmm... LOL just kidding, ok maybe not. :?

·
Registered
252 Posts
The 1st step is admitting you have a problem. Does anybody here have a problem? I didn't think so. The second step is getting more tanks. Does anybody here have a problem with that? I didn't think so. The third step is getting more fish. Does anybody have a problem with that? Didn't think so. One must have a problem for it to be solved, problem solved. Sit back, relax and enjoy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I failed to mention that I was hoping to relapse into full fishaholicism. lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
i think 6 tanks and growing is a problem and im 15 and havent even moved outta my house yet these tanks are all mine i fund them take care of them and enjoy them all with manageing a job school and sports not to mention a social life so i guess you can say im a 15 year old fish addict maybe i shouldnt be proud of that or wait maybe i should!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah, but the guy with 2-220gal tanks isn't posting on this thread. I think he has a problem. I got no idea what, but he certainly has a problem. Maybe he wears black socks with bermuda shorts, that seems like a problem.

·
Registered
252 Posts
p.s. the 15 year old is my hero.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i forgot to mention i peer pressured one of my friends into the hobby he started with an old 10 gallon i gave him 5 months ago and now he has two 55's two 10's and a 5 gallon and i have two 55's two 10's a 20L and always looking for more :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not necessarily more but definately bigger, is that a problem?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts