Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

My name is Armağan and I'm from a small city called Manisa, Turkey. I'm a Lamprologini enthusiast, and I've been keeping shelldweller and rockdweller species over 2 years.

I've been roaming in this forum for a long time, reading articles and discussions. I thouht maybe a membership would be better. Here I am now and I would like to share my fish with you.

My oldest species, everyone's favorite: Neolamprologus multifasciatus. I am keeping them as 1 male 2 females and their juveniles.

I have a pair of Lamprologus signatus and their fry:

I have also a young Neolamprologus similis pair:

Altolamprologus sp. Sumbu, 1 male 2 females and their juveniles:

One of my favorite rockdwellers, Neolamprologus marunguensis. I have two pairs, not fry yet:

AND my favorite Tanganyika species ever, Neolamprologus buescheri. I have two local variations.
Neoprologus buescheri "Gombe", 1 male 2 females and their juveniles

Neolamprologus buescheri "Kamakonde", a pair

And this is an African labyrinth fish, Microctenopoma ansorgii. I have four specimen.

I very welcome questions and discussions.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
Welcome to C-F!!!

Beautiful pics of your fish and a great collection of Lake Tanganyika species. I'm looking forward to hearing some more details on your tank set ups for these fish.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Deeda said:
Welcome to C-F!!!

Beautiful pics of your fish and a great collection of Lake Tanganyika species. I'm looking forward to hearing some more details on your tank set ups for these fish.
I have a wooden rack system. It is a very simple setup. I designed it myself on paper. Each tank is 80x40x40h cm (we use metric system). In each, I use Eheim Pick Up 160 internal filter an Tetratec HT 100 heater. For lighting, I have LED lights. I created caves with small and middle-size rocks. I like keeping Anubias species and some easy-going plants like demersum. In the top one, I am keeping buescheri "Kamakonde" and similis. In the middle, there are Sumbu shells, their fry and buescheri "Kamakonde" pair. In the bottom, I have marunguensis. Sorry for quality of the picture.

I have also a bookcase and I've turned it into a tank place. On it, there are two 35x35x35 cm cube tanks. On the left, I have signatus pair and multifasciatus colony on the right. At the bottom, I have a pair of Apistogramma baenschi pair and some endlers, and ansorgii and Pseudomugil gertrudae on the right.

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
Very nice and a rack system is definitely the way to go to fit more tanks in the same footprint in a room. Well done and your tanks look great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts