Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
This doesn't surprise me one bit considering how grossly overstocked your tank is/was.
Did you ever follow-up on any of the recommendations you were given as far as thinning out your stock?

chris350 said:
I;m getting rid of my entire stock...lol . im starting over with an african tank
I highly recommend getting advice over in the African cichlid sections of the forum before you do anything else.

Oh...and be sure to hold onto your biggest fish that you currently have and get rid of that one right before you start stocking the African cichlids---that way your tank will stay cycled and you won't starve the beneficial bacteria colonies on your filter media by emptying out the stock completely.

Good luck!
BV

·
Registered
558 Posts
Good job on thinning things down...keep at it!

chris350 said:
so now the stock is

1 oscar
1 geophagus
1 small green terror
1 Parachromis loisellei ( thought it was a flowerhorn)
3 silver dollars for anger management
I'm almost certain that you'll find you are only able to keep one of the fish ^^^ highlighted in red in that 75 gallon tank of yours. Could be fine for a while as long as the oscar keeps playing 'referee' in there, but ultimately there's just not much space for the big guys as they continue to grow with such limited territories.

But again, good job so far with reducing your stocklist. Just a little ways to go now...
BV

·
Registered
558 Posts
chris350 said:
I was thinking of making a mix of Pseudotropheus saulosi, Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei", and Labidochromis caeruleus. Do you think its a good mix? and whats are the numbers I can have of each. the cookie cutter reciepe says like 8 acei and 10 labs, but I want to add about 4-5 saulsoi's. So to offset I would have to change up the numbers like 6 acei 8 labs abd 4 saulsoi's? would that work? any help would be appreicated.
Chris...if you haven't already, please post this ^^^ in the appropriate African cichlid section of the forum (Lake Malawi Mbuna) where you will get more help. ;)
BV

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.