Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any one can help me i had my green terror for 8 months now and he maybe grewan inch i got him at 3ins and he is about 4in. he is in a 75 gallon great filtration and gets along and eats well with my other fish

·
Registered
742 Posts
they grow very slow

·
Registered
192 Posts
They grow very slow compared to other medium to large cichlids....with that being said....I bought two in Jun at 1" and the biggest one reached 4.5" before jumping out of its new home on Christmas (ungrateful)! the other might be a little over 4" so yes they grow slow but your fish sounds a bit on the extreme side of slow? I have talked to other people that claim their fish reached 10" in a year so I guess it's the luck of the draw. I'm curious to read other people's comments....all in all I wish you the best and maybe your fish will hit a growth spurt soon!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope so my jack grew about 3 inch and they never fight i feed them good water changes bu i guess only time will tell i wonder if there is runt fish lol . thank you

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do you test for nitrates? I personaly keep them at 5ppm max to stimulate growth. It's only one parameter among many but for me its an important one regarding growth.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've had a female Green Terror for a year. I bought her at 2 inches, she is now 3-3.5 inches.

Same tank, I've had two Severums go from smaller than her to adult size, pair off, and be sold, and a Vieja Bifasciatus that was 0.5" when I got it is now a bulky 8-9" compared to her.

Don't know why. Aggravating really.

·
Registered
356 Posts
i got my male at 3". in a year in a 65 he grew an inch. i moved him to the 125 and he is now over 9" a year later. it seems that a high protien diet and lots of room is the key (at least for me). be patient, it's worth the wait :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Probably part of the issue with mine is that she just won't eat.

I've tried several brands of pellets, bloodworms, live foods, brine shrimp, thawed market shrimp, etc. Just won't eat. :x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts