Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some assistance, i been gone out of town for a few days. Checked on my tank and noticed my Green Terror has been losing scales. What kind of treatment or meds can i use to fix this issue….

·
Super Moderator
1,856 Posts
What other fish are with your green Terror?

I can't suggest any medications based on the info you have provided or the reason he may be losing scales.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What other fish are with your green Terror?

I can't suggest any medications based on the info you have provided or the reason he may be losing scales.
From what i was seeing with him, i noticed he was fading in color, but when i got a closer look i noticed scales were missing from his body. Fish was always out and about in the tank chasing others away, but now just stays hiding in the back of the tank. I had seen it out today and that’s when i noticed his body….

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Sounds like someone in your tank is possibly putting some serious violence onto your former tank boss. But, to confirm what may be happening in this whodunit mystery?
  • Size of the tank your GT is in, including dimensions.
  • Tank occupants (of course!). ALL species and size of each pleeeze.
  • Picture of the chewed GT.
-
And to inform, most of the damage we see on our scarred vets, has occurred in battles fought at night - after lights out. Just because it looks quiet and calm when you can see things with the lights on. the behavior of your GT says a LOT otherwise to me. So, let's see if we can find out what may be happening in there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like someone in your tank is possibly putting some serious violence onto your former tank boss. But, to confirm what may be happening in this whodunit mystery?
  • Size of the tank your GT is in, including dimensions.
  • Tank occupants (of course!). ALL species and size of each pleeeze.
  • Picture of the chewed GT.
-
And to inform, most of the damage we see on our scarred vets, has occurred in battles fought at night - after lights out. Just because it looks quiet and calm when you can see things with the lights on. the behavior of your GT says a LOT otherwise to me. So, let's see if we can find out what may be happening in there.
I have found out my issue, my Red Spotted Severum was putting work on the Green Terror. Green Terror had a big ol gash on his side. I did not see it cause he was always hidding, me and my wife was looking at the tank and seen the two going at it and then we seen the wound. I removed Green Terror and put in a quarantine tank so he can heal. Something interesting as soon as i moved him Red Spotted Severum went to his spot…..

·
Premium Member
4,697 Posts
Yep.....

my Red Spotted Severum was putting work on the Green Terror.
Had a feeling that's what it was. Unfortunately, the Red Spotted Severum has now established dominance over the tank. Meaning? That Green Terror is probably gonna have to be kept outta there for his own safety. (Protective Custody?). If you put him back into circulation after healing up everything in the quarantine tank? Ol' 'Budfy The Severum', is almost certainly gonna go right at him again.
I had a Black Belt Cichlid that pretty much did the same thing to a Red Motaguense, once it hit a certain level of size and maturity. And that happened in a 180 gallon tank! So unfortunately, decisions were made (and a sale)... and that Red Motaguense ultimately had to go. :cautious:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts