Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has been a while since I've posted here. I've moved out of the apartment and into a house. Set the tank up, let it cycle, and a week later come home to about 25% of a 150 gallon of water all over the floor. So I go into clean up mode, and get everything cleaned up, that took me a good amount of time. I've repaired the tank, cleaned ALL of the silicone out throughly, resealed the tank, let it setup for about a week and a half slowly adding water to make sure that it doesn't leak, and everything is fine. I've had it set back up and running with no problems for about two weeks now. SO ENOUGH OF THAT :)

I've had a Green Terror for about a year now, and noticed that it has been dwarfed by my oscars. It is about 5-6" but holding his own against the oscars. I was wondering is the growth rate of GT's considerably slow? Or did I happen to get a fish that somehow his growth has been stunted?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Oscars grow faster than most other Cichlids... GT's grow slower than most other Cichlids... I don't think the growth rate of yours sounds abnormally slow...

Also keep in mind female GTs do not get as large as males. I have a 5 year old female that is only 6".

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
In general Toby's right, but I have found that when young they grow fairly fast. Good water quality and a quality food makes a huge difference as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts