Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wake this morning to a rather exciting call from my girlfriend. Turns out she woke up to find this in her green terror tank.

We're pretty sure those are eggs, since they all appeared overnight. We removed the female for her safety, as the male is agressive enough normally when he is just hiding back in his cave. Now he is patrolling the area and seems ready to attack anyone who even goes near the tank. Here's a good shot of him going after the evil camera:

Very defensive. Anyhow, is there any chance for these guys, since the parents are so young (male is only 4.5-5" and female 3.5"). Seems like its to young, we certainly weren't expeccting eggs just yet.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
Eggs look white to me - probably going to fungus over, fertile eggs will turn an amber hue in color.

Males take longer to mature than females, he's probably not fertile yet. But it's still cool none the less.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, a rather comical discovery today. We saw the GT pictured above cleaning the rocks in the early morning. Not long after we saw eggs being placed. So, seems like our he was a she! Rather interesting turn of events. So now to find a definite male!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts