Cichlid Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question... Is it possible for a Green Terror and A Eureka Red to breed? I recently switched my 75 from African to South American. Prior to I was waiting on my " male" Eureka Red to color up. I wanted to give him a little more time so I kept him around when I made the switch, just to see if maybe he got a little bigger he might change. Woke up this morning and admired the substrate work performed by whom Im assuming was my Terror, fed them like always then noticed that the Eureka red was holding. The other fish in my tank are to small blue acaras and one port cichlid whom plays no real role in the social order.

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
You've got a mystery on your hands, I've never heard of anything like that like and the two species definitely can't actually hatch out eggs - nor would I expect them to breed.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I guess GTs aren't picky about who or what they spawn with, mines been trying to spawn with a female Salvini . I have to say thats the first I've ever heard of a New world spawning with an African though. At least you can be certain of the peacocks sex now. :lol: She'll probably hold them for a bit then spit them out once she realizes their infertile.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Two completely unrelated cases. The GT was digging because it's what they do, and the eureka red is holding because it's what they do - she's holding unfertilized eggs if there are no male Malawi cichlids in the tank. In a couple days they'll disappear. That being said, the eureka red really should not be in that tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts